Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

         The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead is the second book of the Bloodlines series. Sydney Sage is the beloved protagonist of the Bloodlines series which is a spin-off series of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. In order to completely understand the Bloodlines series I would recommend reading the Vampire Academy series first, you don't have to but I would advise you to do so. 
       Sydney Sage is the complete opposite of the protagonist of the Vampire Academy series, Rose Hathaway. And I'm not going to complain about it, Sydney is the kind of person who really thinks through her decisions (except in one scene in the book), she's not spontaneous, she's extremely smart and she follows the rules and in The Golden Lily she is no different. I like reading about Sydney because she can be socially awkward and she's unsure of herself and what she's really capable of which makes her easy to relate to. 
      I like the relationships she has which each character, all the vampires, the dhampirs, the Alchemists, and all the humans in the book. It's fun to read how she interacts with them, I especially like how she interacts with the people she's meant to work with, Adrian, Jill, Eddie and the new additions Sonya, Dimitri, and Angeline. Her interactions with her new friends were really believable especially the moments she had with Adrian, it was nice to see that Sydney brings out the other side of Adrian a lot more often than anyone else could. When Adrian and Sydney talked, I could tell there was a lot of emotion between Sydney and him and it was fun to see how she so oblivious about the emotion. 
     The mystery in the book was great and it was consistent throughout, you would get hints here and there about certain people and it finally tied up together in the end. 
      The Golden Lily was not disappointing, it was thrilling, emotional, charming, and funny. I enjoyed reading the adventure Sydney and her friends had and I can't wait to read the third book in the series, The Indigo Spell, due to come out February 12, 2013. So, I give The Golden Lily five out of five stars for being able to entertain me and keep me guessing until the very end like a good book should be able to do and for making me go through that ending which was so heartbreaking!  

(404 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment