Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Study Hall

         Having two study halls in a day, you would think that would be boring and you're so right, it can be. But there are times, believe it or not, that study hall can actually be useful! I know right, gasp! Trust me, I know this from personal experience. Having a study hall can always be beneficial in the long run, true you can get your study hall switched into first period or sixth period so that way you can go home like I originally wanted but some people just can't make that possible even though it so is and they try to tell me otherwise. That's besides the point though, what I'm saying is if you have a study hall you would be stupid to not actually get some work done, in my opinion.
      On A days when I end up having two study halls in the day, I try to make sure I actually get some work done in there. It can be beneficial to get my work done that day so that way, after my long day I can go home and relax or spend some time with my friends which I adore doing, I mean who doesn't? It sucks that you can't be able to hang out if your excuse is, 'I have homework." Okay it's not really sad but more like depressing.
      Now the only thing you have to do is actually focus on your homework or whatever else you're working on instead of falling asleep or dosing off into a daydream like state like I always find myself doing, even when I'm not in study hall sometimes that happens, it happens a lot in Algebra 2 though, I hate math with a passion that could probably be a reason why I do it so often in there. Anyways, what I would suggest in preventing your attention from going awry is keeping organized, keeping a planner, minimize those moments you pull out your phone to text (admit it, we all do it at one point if not more than once),  maybe even plug in your headphones and rock out to your favorite song so that way you close yourself into your own little world and keep yourself motivated!
      I don't know about everyone else but when I listen to music, I find myself a lot more centered and more focused on whatever I'm working on. Which is why I always carry around headphones and if I don't have any I ask a friend if they have some. 
      If music doesn't work for you than find something else to keep you focused. Just the thought of not having any homework is enough motivation for some, I know it is for me. So be wise and use that study hall period if you're stuck with it.

(468 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment