Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Living Things by Linkin Park

       Living Things is the fifth studio album by American rock band, Linkin Park! It was released, in the United States, on June 20, 2012 and in some countries it was released earlier than that which I call lucky! I'm not going to lie, Linkin Park, is one of my favorite bands which I think I've mentioned before but I'm not sure. I haven't been a fan of theirs since the very beginning but I wish I had been, I've actually been a fan of Linkin Park since A Thousand Suns, which you might say is not too long ago but hey, better late than never, right?
     So Living Things is different from their last albums, which I'm totally fine with. Unlike some, I'm never bothered by the fact that a band or musician is steering away from the sound they're used to. With A Thousand Suns, I think that was like a preamble to this album, Living Things. Usually I'm not able to get through the whole album (the first time hearing it) without skipping a song or two when I first get it, I know, I'm guilty about that. With Living Things I was able to listen to the whole thing from beginning to end without interruptions or skipping ahead. Let me tell you, it was the best half hour I've spent listening to music, I was just never bored.
      Each track had a distinct sound with a different message, like all songs should. Living Things starts off with Lost in the Echo which I think is great because it's a strong track which, to me, defines those moments when you're feeling alone without any hope but you're able to pick yourself right back up no matter what. Meanwhile the album ended with the track, Powerless. Powerless is much more softer than Lost in the Echo, but Powerless, to me is about losing that one person you wouldn't want to lose and not being able to do anything about it which really makes you think about your loved ones while you're listening to it. Anyways, the songs in between Lost in the Echo and Powerless are all good in the their own way for the reason that you get a different message along with a good beat at the same time. 
      My favorite song of the album would be, Castle of Glass. I'm not exactly sure why but what I do know is that it has this eerie sound to it which is mesmerizing and haunting and I think Chester's voice is just beautiful in this track and like always, Mike Shinoda's voice is an amazing part! The title, like the song, is also haunting, I just love that!
      All in all I think I would rate Living Things by Linkin Park a 5 out of 5 for the reason that I could relate to each song in a different way which is hard to do!

(487 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment