Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

North by Matchbox Twenty

          North is the fifth studio album by Matchbox Twenty. Their new album was released September 4,2012 and you've probably heard their first single, She's So Mean by now which is currently number 52 on the Billboard Hot 100. 
      Listening to North was very entertaining, heart whelming, and it had songs that really made me imagine and remember old memories which was refreshing. I enjoyed some songs better then others but I think the album was overall, pretty good. The album starts off with Parade, which I think is a great song with a good melody and touching lyrics (lyrics that any person can relate to in some way) but I didn't think it was one of their strongest songs of the album like English Town, She's So Mean, Our Song, and I Will. I think Parade is one of those songs that you listen to and you like because it's pretty good but you're not going to be hitting repeat on your iPod anytime soon, I also think it's one of those songs that is going to grow on you as you listen to it more and more. This song is probably going to be my favorite, by sometime next month but right now it's not my ultimate favorite song of theirs. 
         The last song of the album was, Sleeping at the Wheel, I thought it was an emotional song and I think if they hadn't ended the album with that song then they should have ended it with English Town. But I'd say that, Sleeping at the Wheel, is a perfect way to end the album. 
        Songs I really enjoyed listening to would be She's So Mean because it's fun to sing along to and it's catchy and it's also different from all the other songs of the album. My other favorite song is English Town because it describes a beautiful picture with the lyrics and the melody is haunting and catchy at the same time, I'll probably be hitting repeat to this song a lot in the future. I Will is another song that should be worth listening to because the lyrics do have meaning to them unlike some of the other pop songs that play on the radio. 
        Each song tells its own story in a touching manner with beats that really fit the lyrics. I give North by Matchbox Twenty 3 out of 5 stars for being incredibly catchy and for having great lyrics as well as melodies. 

(412 words)
         
       

No comments:

Post a Comment