Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross

         The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross is the second book of The Steampunk Chronicles. The book takes place after the events of The Girl in the Steel Corset which means Finley and her friends head to the United States in order to help their friend Jasper which leads them into even more dangerous situations than before. 
      The book was told from Finley, Griffin's and Jasper's point of view. I always enjoy reading the point of view from other characters besides the hero or heroine, in this case that would be Finley, because it gives me insight on the character, so that's a positive in the book. I liked reading about the new characters in this book besides Mei, I didn't like her from the beginning because of this vibe I got. But I admit her character was interesting to read about, the collar around her neck didn't seem to have been mentioned enough as I thought it should have been. But I do realize that the collar was basically what kept the story going and it didn't need to be mentioned on every single page but I feel like it should have gotten more attention. 
      I did like reading about Wildcat she was tough and she was refreshing to read about, hopefully my intuition is correct and she'll become a bigger role later on in the series. It'll be interesting to see what she brings to the series alongside our beloved characters. Dalton, to me, didn't seem to be this huge bad guy everyone made him seem to be. I know he was ruthless and a killer but I felt like he wasn't too bad.
      Action seemed to be a lot more common in this book than the first one which was exciting to read about and I loved the small mentioning of the clothes because I love the dresses they wore back in the 1800's, I have this weird fascination with them.
      All in all the book was good, I didn't like it as much as the first book but it was good. I'll give The Girl in the Clockwork Collar three stars out of five and I can't wait to see what Kady Cross has in store for the next book in the series, The Girl with the Iron Touch.

(385 words)
      

No comments:

Post a Comment