Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Curiosity by Carly Rae Jepsen

      Curiosity is an extended play by, Canadian artist, Carly Rae Jepsen, it was released on February 14, 2012. You would probably recognize her name because of her hit single Call Me Maybe, I know that that's the reason why I know her. Usually I'm not so into pop music, only your occasional catchy tune and let me tell you, Call Me Maybe is one of the songs that I just can't get enough of for some reason. It's fun and it's catchy and the music video is typical but it's adorable in its own way. 
      I think Curiosity is like a fresh breath of air for me, it's different from what I , personally, usually listen to. So it was kind of nice to switch things up a bit. The album starts off with my favorite song, Call Me Maybe. Anyone who knows me, will know that I just love that song! I usually don't break out into song in front of my friends, but Call Me Maybe always has me doing that. It's gotten to the point that I sing that song so much, that whenever my friends hear the song, they just can't help but think of me now! I remember when I walked into my Geometry class, last year, during passing time and I started singing the song and my friends just couldn't believe it since that was so random.
      Besides, Call Me Maybe I would have to say one of my favorite songs out of Curiosity would be the song named the same as the album, Curiosity. The song, Curiosity, is another catchy tune that is fun to sing to while you're driving around with your friends in your car and having a good time. The song is soft but it's still bright in its own kind of way. I predict that this song is going to be the next song to be on continuous replay on my phone. 
      Picture is a bit more energetic than Curiosity, even though the lyrics and the melody is easy to get stuck in your head, I don't like it as much as the first two songs in the album. 
       Talk to Me! I like the song because it's easy to relate to, for me, right now. When I first heard it I couldn't believe how much in common and how easy to relate to this song was! I don't like it as much as Call Me Maybe and Curiosity but it's one of those songs you can hear every once in a while. 
       The last two songs of the album, Just a Step Away and Both Sides Now are nice to listen to, they have cute lyrics but I'm just not really into them.
       The album, Curiosity, by Carly Rae Jepsen is good, the songs are fun to listen to and they're great for a night of relaxing and hanging out with your friends. All in all, I give the album a 3 out of 5 stars. 

(498 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment