Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

House at the End of the Street

        Besides reading and writing I would have to say that I absolutely love horror movies. I don't know I just find them interesting for some reason. So when I saw a commercial for House at the end of the Street like a month ago I was like, "Oh my gosh, I'm going to have to go see that." Since some of my friends love scary movies as much as I do I asked around who'd like to go watch it with me. When it came out Friday, a couple of friends and I went to go see it a couple of hours after school. The last few weeks I had been so excited in seeing it and I'd talk about how excited I was to some friends which now I think was a mistake. I guess because I was building up the excitement for it, I ended up ruining it for myself since I was hoping it would be amazing but it wasn't as amazing as I thought.
        *Warning: There may be some spoilers about the movie so if you haven't seen it and you want to than don't read this blog post yet. 
        First of all I think the characters were okay, I really didn't feel much for them when certain things happened to them except for Ryan (played by Max Thieriot) , that poor guy! I get that he's a psychopath but I did feel sorry for things that happened to him that were out of his control. He's not really at fault for his sister's death but the way his parents treated him and what he did to them makes sense why he turned out the way he did. I'm just saying it makes sense, I'm no psychologist and I definitely did not agree with his actions but I feel like they made sense in some strange way. 
        The main character Elissa Cassidy (played by Jennifer Lawrence) was okay, I liked her attitude and her personality but I really didn't connect with her. I mean of course I felt bad when she was in a certain, scary situation but I wasn't really on the edge of my seat.
        The horror aspect of the movie wasn't really there for me, than again it's really hard for a movie to scare me. While everyone in the movie theater will be terrified, I'll kind of be laughing because of the situation the character is in, wow that sounds really bad. The audience didn't really seem to be scared either, sometimes people would jump up while I'd laugh but I saw this movie as more of a thriller not so much as a horror-thriller film.
       I didn't see enough of other characters I, there weren't many people who played a huge role in the movie besides Elissa, Ryan, Elissa's mother (Sarah), and Officer Weaver which was kind of made the movie feel somewhat rushed.
      In the end I think the movie was pretty decent, not the best film out there but it was enjoyable. I give House at the End of the Street 3 stars out of 5. 

(517 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment