Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The 2nd Law by Muse

        The 2nd Law by Muse is the sixth studio album that was recently released. In some places it was released on September 28, 2012 meanwhile in North America it was just released, October 2, 2012 and in some places it's released October 3, 2012. 
        Starting off with Supremacy and ending the album with The 2nd Law: Isolated System, I thought Muse pretty much stuck to the same vibe as all their other songs, which is good, I like it. There are definitely some songs on the album in which they changed their sound like, The 2nd Law: Unsustainable. Personally I liked it and I had no problem that hey were trying something out. Slight differences in their sound doesn't change the fact that their lyrics are amazing, as always and they're haunting in a beautiful kind of way. 
        The songs that definitely stand out for me would include: Supremacy, Madness, Panic Station and Follow Me. I enjoyed a lot of the other songs but I'd say those were the ones I enjoyed listening to the most. 
        Supremacy starts off with a good beat and it has a haunting sound. Matthew Bellamy's voice sounds amazing in this song, like always he just adds that extra edge to the song. The same thing goes for Madness, his voice is amazing on that song. To me the lyrics of Madness are probably one of the best lyrics to a song I've ever heard, I like how deep they are and my capability to relate to this makes it even better. My favorite part of the song, Madness, would probably be the way he says: I need to love. The way he says those words can affect a person to their core which is what a good song should do, good songs are the ones who have an affect on you after listening to them, a catchy beat shouldn't always be the reasoning for a song being called "good".
          Follow Me is the kind of song I would probably use to exercise to or to do my homework to. It's a good motivational song. 
         All in all I would give The 2nd Law by Muse 3 stars out of. The rhythm to the songs were good, the lyrics were great, and it was nice to listen to. If you want to check out some of the music by Muse, there's a video to Muse's single, Madness. 

(402 words)



        

No comments:

Post a Comment