Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

         Anna and the French Kiss is written by Stephanie Perkins. The book is about teenage girl, Anna Oliphant, who is sent off to boarding school, in France, because her dad feels like she should gain experience in a different culture. Initially, Anna isn't so happy because she isn't ready to leave behind her home: Atlanta, Georgia as well as her friends and her crush who can potentially become something more. She's also weary about starting her senior year in a different country, with different customs, trying to make new friends, and learning who she is and what she really wants.
     What initially drew me to this book is the cover, I know the saying: Don't judge a book by its cover. The thing is, I do judge a book by its cover, if the cover is appealing in any way to me than chances are I'll pick it up and read the summary on the book. When I saw the spine on Anna and the French Kiss, it immediately drew me in because the Eiffel Tower was on it. Since I'm totally in love with anything French related I knew I had to try this book, so I did and I didn't regret it.
      Lately I've been reading a lot of paranormal books so it was refreshing to take a break from those and to immerse myself into this book which was like a scoop of strawberry ice cream! 
      I loved the quirky character, Anna and I loved seeing how she got through this huge change. If I were in her place though, I think I'd be ecstatic to go to Paris! True, I'd miss the people I care about but it's not like I'd cut them out of my life completely. Anna wasn't happy at all going to a boarding school in Paris but she eventually grew to love it. In the end she didn't consider it her home, she didn't consider Atlanta home either but she did find something else that she considered home and it was super adorable! 
      The romance, was definitely something I adored about this book. It was something typical and something everyone is able to relate to because like all of us, Anna can't help but wonder if the guy she likes is into her as well.
       This book was really cute, I loved how the story takes place in France, Anna is amazingly quirky and easy to relate to, all the other characters like St. Clair and Mer are really fun to read about, and the romance in this book was adorable! I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

(438 words)
      

No comments:

Post a Comment