Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

       Beautiful Darkness is the second book of The Caster Chronicles, written by the two friends, Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. 
       I read the first book of the series a couple years ago and I enjoyed it, I thought the characters and their personality were different than what I had read before. Lena Duchannes and Ethan Wate were unique characters with their little quirks that I enjoyed like Lena carrying around a tattered notebook everywhere she went and the necklace she used to keep small things like a button, or a small sharpie Ethan gave her, small things like that.
       When I started reading Beautiful Darkness, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. Usually I have a pretty good idea where the book is going to go but not with this series, this series always has me guessing and always has me constantly being wrong, which I'm not used to. I enjoy the element of surprise in this book, it's nice to have me guessing.
       The world the authors have created is just amazing! I love the ideas, the creativity  and all the thoughts they put into creating such a complicated and a beautiful world. 
        New characters included Liv who I really liked reading about because she was definitely different from Lena. Liv was sarcastic and smart meanwhile Lena is more shy and thoughtful. The addition of Liv and the new guy, John Breed was nice too. We didn't get to see as much as John Breed like we did about Liv but I can't wait to see what he has to contribute to the story, him being a half-breed.
        In the end I give Beautiful Darkness, 3 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed some of it but there were moments in the book I had to force myself to continue to read. I do like the series though, so I'm going to continue reading it.  

(315 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment