Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Don't Panic by All Time Low

        Don't Panic is the fifth studio album released by one of my favorite bands, All Time Low. It was released just recently on October 9, 2012 and some of the singles so far released include: The Reckless and the Brave, For Baltimore, and Somewhere in Neverland. I haven't really talked about album covers before but the album cover All Time Low did for Don't Panic is just absolutely amazing and cool. I've see an album cover similar to this cover one other time and that was Foster the People's, Torches. I think both albums and album covers are cool in their own way.
        Anyways, the album begins with The Reckless and the Brave which is different from all the other All Time Low songs I've heard, I would personally say. But it's not a bad kind of different, it's refreshing to hear and I feel like this song could be the anthem to those people who just don't care what others think and it just cheers them on. Lyrics that make me believe this include:
                           Long live the reckless and the brave
                             I don't think I want to be saved
                                My song has not been sung
                                         So long live us
At one point in the song they also say:
                        Looking back at a life on the other side
                               I realize that I didn't fit in
                       Didn't hate it, but I didn't quite relate it
                             To my precious little world.


        The Reckless and the Brave is definitely worth listening to if you haven't already and while you're at it you might as well check out the rest of the album, why just check out one song?
         Songs off the album I really enjoyed listening to, besides The Reckless and the Brave; include Backseat Serenade featuring lead singer of Hey Monday, Cassadee Pope; If These Sheets Were States; and So Long, Thanks for All the Booze.
        Each song has something in common they all have a good melody to them that I enjoy and great lyrics, I just love lyrics to songs, they're just as important as the melody if not even more important. Another thing I always look for in songs is if I'm able to relate to them. I mean it's kind of pointless if you don't have some sort of connection in the music you listen to. And All Time Low's music does that for me, I'm able to connect to it, they have amazing lyrics, and they have great melodies you can to along with your friends. 
        The song I absolutely love, and I believe should have a music video, would be the song: If These Sheets Were States. The lyrics to this song are very relatable to most people and I'm able to develop a connection to them which is what I love about the song. In addition it has a funny sort of twist to it and the melody is great! Definitely a song you should check out.
      The album is great and I definitely can't wait to download all the songs, I give Don't Panic by All Time Low 4 out of 5 stars. If you want you can check out their song, If These Sheets Were States below.

(479 words, not including lyrics of song: The Reckless and the Brave)

     

No comments:

Post a Comment