Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sticks & Stones by Cher Lloyd



      Sticks & Stones is the debut studio album from British singer and rapper, Cher Lloyd probably best known for her hit song: Want U Back. The album was released nearly a year ago on November 7, 2011 and the United States version was recently released on October 2, 2012.
      I like the album because of its infectious rhythms and fun lyrics, it's a great album to dance to and have fun with your friends at a party. The lyrics aren't really serious and they don't really seem to have a meaning behind them that I can find but I still like them because they're fun and catchy to listen to. 
        The United States version starts off with her single, Want U Back and it ends with End Up Here. I liked all of the songs for the reason that they each make you want to get up and dance. But if I had to choose my absolute favorites of the song would include Want U Back because me and my friend like singing to it she especially loves singing to it. She loves Want U Back the way I like to sing Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen. It's a song everyone can relate to and I like how "in your face" the music video is. 
       Another song off the album I love listening to is her fourth single: Oath featuring another fellow rapper, Becky Gomez. I like the song because I think it's the anthem for all best friends out there, it perfectly describes a peoples friendship with one another. I guess I like it because it's easy to relate to and that's always a good thing to incorporate into your music, it's what brings in a good audience. 
       Beautiful People featuring a collaboration between her and Swedish pop-rockers, Carolina Liar is another amazing song! I like this song because while all the other songs are bright and ready to dance to Beautiful People isn't, I think that shows off another side of Cher Lloyd. It also showcases her singing talents. The song is nice and slow with the most meaningful lyrics off the whole album, in my opinion. Hopefully, in her future albums, she will feature similar songs to Beautiful People because it's my absolute favorite song off the whole album. 
       The album was good to dance to and it had fun lyrics so I give this album 3 out of 5 stars.




(408 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment