Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

France

           Ever since I can remember I have always had this fascination with France and anything French related. I'm not exactly sure why, it's just the truth. France has always been the number one place I have always wanted to go and hopefully one day I do go, that would be amazing! I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a place, the place, they would love to go to one day if they haven't already. For some it could be Russia, Uruguay, Mexico, Germany, others it could be Spain, or Madagascar but for me it's France. 
        Reasons I would love to go to France one day include:

  • The language. I'm bilingual which means I can speak two languages pretty fluently, English and Spanish. But just because I speak two languages already doesn't mean I don't want to learn any more languages! Since I'm taking Spanish right now to further improve it and since I'm going to be a senior next year, I decided that I would take AP Spanish as well as French at my school, which I'm excited to do! The French language is so beautiful!
  • It's history. France's history is fascinating to me for a reason, especially in the age of monarchy's and eventually the time of Absolute monarchy. Last year I wanted to learn more about France and its history so I decided that I would take European history as a sophomore at my school and I'm so glad I did! Europe is amazing overall but I loved learning about The French Revolution and Marie Antoinette's marriage to Louis XVI, the Napoleonic Era and all of that other good stuff.
  • Paris, France is one of the fashion capitals like London, Milan, and our own New York. Fashion is not as important to me as to other people but I do respect the fact that Paris, France is considered to be one of the fashion capitals of the world, I find it kind of cool!
  • The places you can visit seem endless! There are so many places I want to go to in France but to name a few those places include The Eiffel Tower, it's the number one place I really have to see one day, especially at night because in the picture the tower looks breathtaking! Another place is a place I learned about in my AP European History class sophomore year and it's the Palace of Versailles. The palace is so beautiful in pictures and I'm pretty sure it's even better in person just like the rest of the country!
(426 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment