Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Red by Taylor Swift

       Red is the fourth studio album by Taylor Swift which was released on October 22, 2012 in many places including the United States, the U.K and Canada. Red is one of the most different, unique, and intricate pieces of her work to date and it probably won't be her last. With this new album, Taylor Swift transcends into a genre new to her, pop. Though she tries to include some elements of her country roots I think it's safe to say that she has officially changed up her style and this album is definitely not a fail.
       Songs I think are worthy of giving a listen to, if you haven't already, include: State of GraceRed, I Knew You Were Trouble, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, I Almost Do, and Starlight.
      To me, State of Grace is the moment you realize you're in love and like her lyrics say, you never saw it coming. It's how you look back at those moments you've had with your special someone and you're like, "Oh my gosh, he can be the one." This song definitely highlights the process of falling in love with someone and the endless possibilities you can have with him. 
      Red has to be my absolute favorite song of the album! The song seems to describe all those feelings when it comes to love, it's imagery is beautiful. The lyrics are heartwarming and the beat to the song is simply amazing to listen and sing to!
      I Knew You Were Trouble is basically the song that says, "I knew you were trouble but I was willing to risk my heart to love you, which was stupid of me." That's what I got from this beautiful song and I agree with it, a lot. 
      We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together. I feel like the title of this song says it all, it's that song you can sing along to because it's catchy and maybe some people will listen to it when they're bitter about a break-up, I feel like that will probably happen, I really do. 
        A song that I enjoy listening to is I Almost Do, I'd say it's one of my top five favorite songs of the album. I like this song because I'm able to relate to it. I know I say that a lot but the way I see it: If it doesn't touch you in different ways and forms, than it's not really something you're able to understand, which is stupid because you should be able to understand it and feel emotions running through you. I Almost Do is the kind of song that reminds me of someone I wish was still here with me and it explains how much they meant to me and I'll always look back with fond memories of that person even though it's been years. 
       Another marvelous tune on this album is Starlight, again this song would probably be one of my top five songs. I like this song because it describes such a beautiful love story in about four minutes. I'm probably going to be replaying this song for the next couple of days.
       All in all, I think Taylor Swift has succeeded with changing up her sound with the release of Red. Like always her songs are like excerpts of her diary and are relatable to many young girls. This album was filled with beautiful songs, lyrics, and it was fun listening to it! I give this album 4 out of 5 stars. 
         
(587 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment