Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Oh, What To Do!

              For once, it's actually being normal in Iowa! Now this rarely happens when it comes to the weather in Iowa. You can get sixty degree weather then the next day it could be snowing, that is what happens here, a lot. And it's no surprise that it's happening again this week. Today, it's nearly eighty degrees out! Tomorrow it'll be back to cloudy, rainy, and forty, so we'll be back to crappy weather. I swear, Iowa's weather is more bipolar than the guys I know and trust me, they're pretty bipolar. So when we have beautiful weather like this, which happens rarely because of the bipolar weather, it's best to make the most out of the day and do things you can't do in the Winter! But what can you do?

  • Go to the park! If you're not really feeling like doing much then just go to the park, there's nothing more relaxing than a walk through the park. You're able to soak in the sun and the peaceful chirping of the birds, while taking an effortless walk through the park. 
  • Play a sport with friends or family. I know that when the weather is nice out, me and my best friend always end up playing basketball. So playing basketball or soccer or even a game of tennis will do! Today when I was walking through the park I saw many people at the basketball and tennis courts, trying to soak in as much beautiful weather as they could.
  • Draw with chalk! Yes, I still draw with chalk. But, I mean, who doesn't? It's so fun to do when you don't have any effort to do anything but you still want to be outside enjoying the beautiful weather!
  • Read or write. Maybe physical activities aren't your thing, so you cross sports off your list of activities to do, then you could always read or write under the shade! I know sometimes, before my friends come over, I'll read or write while I'm waiting for them to get to my house. It's especially nice when you don't have annoying neighbors. 
  • Have a picnic. Eating outside is so peaceful because you get to relax, have delicious food and snacks, and you get to spend time with friends and/ or family. I usually have picnics with my best friends and it's always fun to do because eating delicious food that my friends make, or sometimes we order, is very delicious!
  • Have a cool treat! To cool yourself off, have ice cream or frozen yogurt (granted you can do this at any time in the year because there is no wrong moment for it)! I would definitely recommend Orange Leaf! Orange Leaf has the best frozen yogurt! You have more than your typical variety of flavors and topping and the atmosphere overall is amazing!
  • Take a cold shower. After being outside in the warm weather, it's always refreshing to end your day with a cold shower because then you feel crisp and clean and ready to take on the bipolar weather of Iowa!
(509 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment