Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

        Clockwork Angel is the first book in The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. Set in 1878, London, Tessa Gray comes to London to meet her brother from New York after the death of her guardian, her Aunt Harriet. She awaits her older brother, Nathaniel at the dock and is approached by Mrs. Dark and Mrs. Black, sisters who claim that her brother sent them to bring Tessa to him. Hesitant at first because she's never heard of them, she's finally convinced to go with them when they give her a letter written by Nate saying he trusts them. Little does she know that they will force her to unleash a power she didn't know she possessed. Later on she's rescued by warriors who go by, Shadowhunters, and she joins them in search of her lost brother and the man possibly behind his disappearance who goes by The Magister. 
        This isn't the first time I've read the book, the first time I read it was about three years ago and I thought it was okay but it wasn't my favorite book written by Cassandra Clare. This time though, the second time that I've read it, I thought it was much better than the first time I read it!
        The plot of the book felt like it was written at the perfect pace, it wasn't too slow and it wasn't too fast. Everything that happened in the book had a perfect reasoning behind it, something I didn't notice the first time I read it. 
        This time I related to the characters a lot more, I felt sympathy for them and the stuff that happened to them whether it was good or bad. I even felt sympathy towards the characters I didn't really like!
        The setting was perfect! I've always adored the Victorian Era and have been fascinated by it so that is definitely something I liked about it. It would have been nice to see more of it though instead of mainly the magical/ paranormal aspects of it.
         I give Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare 4 out of 5 stars. I recommend it to the people who have read The Mortal Instruments Series if you haven't read this series yet and to people who enjoy paranormal fiction. 

(376 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment