Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Conventional Weapons by My Chemical Romance

          Conventional Weapons is a compilation album, of ten unreleased songs recorded in 2009, by My Chemical Romance. The album was released as a series of singles between October 2012 and February 2013. These songs were made before their fourth album was, Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. This was the bands final release of studio material before their breakup a while ago in March 2013.
          Listening to Conventional Weapons is a variety of different music, a lot of the songs reminded me of their albums. The World is Ugly, is one of the songs that I see that would fit perfectly with The Black Parade. The Light Behind Your Eyes reminds me of a song that would come from The Black Parade also. Kiss the Ring could have gone with Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. And I would have expected that Boy Division to be in their album; I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love. The point is, this compilation album felt like almost like a time capsule. It reminded me of all of their official, studio albums and since their breakup it was nice to hear everything they ever created.
         Songs that really stood out for me because of the melody would be Surrender the Night, The World is Ugly, and Burn Bright. What I liked about Burn Bright was how it started off slow and then it got fast as it got into the chorus, it's a song that I definitely could listen to while working out because it gives out a, "I'm not going to give up!" sort of vibe. The World is Ugly has a tone that matches up with the message of the song which is saying that, even though the world can be an ugly place you're still beautiful and mean a lot to me. Surrender the Night is just a song that is easy to listen to and goes along perfectly with the lyrics. 
       I have to say that the song I enjoyed the most from this compilation album was The World if Ugly. I think it's a beautiful song that everyone should give a listen because it's a slow song but not too slow and the lyrics mean a lot to me because it's true. Even though the world can get pretty ugly and scary, there is always a person, if not more than one, that you can always count on and will always be there for you. They don't pass any judgment on you and you don't judge them.
      There were some songs that I just really wasn't into but I did appreciate the messages behind them. I enjoyed the messages behind each song, it was nice to see a mixture of their different sound throughout the years so I give the album a 4 out of 5 stars.

(474 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment