Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Warrior by Ke$ha

      Warrior by Ke$ha is her, official, second studio album. The album was recently released in the United States on November 30, 2012.  She has stated that this album is supposed to be more personal than her other albums (Animal and Cannibal) with "magic" as the overall theme. Another theme she wanted to capture was the idea that everyone has a warrior within them, which would explain the album being titled: Warrior. Compared to her past songs, her first album, and her EP's, her style in music has stayed the same with electropop, dance-pop, and electronic rock styles. There are a few slower songs then usual but they generally still have the same style within them.
      Listening to the album, I would say that only a few really stood out for me. These would include her first single: Die Young. Die Young is a song that can easily get stuck in your head when you initially hear it, it's one of those songs that you either really, really hate or a song that you just can't get enough of. For me, Die Young would classify under a song that I can't get out of my head when I hear it.
     Another song that I really liked is called Supernatural, it's a little different from her other songs but not as much. When I say it's different I mean the lyrics. I'm the type of person who likes not only the beat of a song but also the lyrics, if I love the beat and I can relate to the lyrics then it can be classified as my perfect song. Usually, when I'm listening to Ke$ha, I don't really relate to her songs. I relate to them sometimes but the enough, the only reason I like listening to her music is because her electropop style is something that's different for me and it makes listening to her fun.
      Anyways, so what really stood out about Supernatural was a slight change in her lyrics. I liked that I was able to relate to most of it but she still added in her usual, dirty little comments which made it still Ke$ha and not some completely other person singing this. This was somewhat of a twist when it comes to her sound, it still has that electropop vibe but I think it's a lot more slower than her usual songs and I liked this direction she was going with this song, it was different and it was fresh for her. I definitely liked this song and this would be a great track for her to steer into a slightly different sound than usual.
       Overall, the album was definitely a lot more personal than her past ones, she didn't completely eliminate her past sound but she did change up her lyrics which is what made it personal. I give the album 3 out of 5 stars.

(481 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment