Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Kiss by Carly Rae Jepsen

       Kiss by Carly Rae Jepsen was released a while ago on September 14, 2012. Considering she's like one of my favorite singers, I'm actually surprised that I hadn't reviewed her album yet. Anyways, the album includes twelve songs, her hit single: Call Me Maybe is included on the album as well as Good Time, the song she's featured on with Owl City. The album is her official, second studio album. 
      The album starts off with Tiny Little Bows, the song has a vibrant tone with a different and refreshing feel to it. It's not one of my favorite songs but I definitely liked it. I liked how it seemed innocent and sweet, that's the tone I got from it. Kiss also ends with Your Heart Is A Muscle which I believe is a great song, I love the lyrics and I love the rhythm it has. I think it's a great song after a breakup because it sounds encouraging and it's different from other breakup songs I've heard. I like how slow that song is and I definitely can feel the sense of emotion behind the words which is kind of cool to experience. Hopefully this song becomes a single and a music video to the song would be awesome!
      Notable songs, other than Your Heart Is A Muscle which is probably my favorite song from her, would be This Kiss. What I like about This Kiss is how upbeat and catchy the lyrics are, the song is fun and it's fun to dance to with your crazy friends, like mine. Another song that is definitely worth listening to is Tonight I'm Getting Over You, I like how the song is easy to relate to which usually wins me over. Tonight I'm Getting Over You is the newest single, the follow-up to This Kiss, to be released soon in either January or February 2013. The song talks about how she's had enough of a boy who has broken all of his promises, so she wants to get over him by dancing with a new guy. It's catchy and the general idea of the song is relatable. I can totally see this song having the same success as Call Me Maybe. Hopefully, with the music video she tries something new but with something that obviously makes sense. 
       All in all, Kiss by Carly Rae Jepsen is a catchy album which I was able to listen to from start to finish without any problems. The songs are fun, they're nothing different but they're still great to listen to. I give the album 4 out of 5 stars. 

(435 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment