Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Unorthodox Jukebox by Bruno Mars

           Unorthodox Jukebox by Bruno Mars is the official, second studio album released by him recently on December 10, 2012 (in The United States) and as early as December 6, 2012 in other places such as the Netherlands while some places have just had it released this week like Japan. The album features his the first single: Locked Out of Heaven and the music video for the song was released on October 15, 2012. Bruno Mars has stated that this album is supposed to represent his freedom after being rejected by many music labels claiming that "his music was all over the place". Like his previous album: Doo-wops & Holligans his sound consists of styles and influences of pop, rock, reggae, R&B, soul, and hip hop.
       The regular album has 10 songs, it begins with the song: Young Girls, reportedly to be the second single off the album (and the music video is apparently something he hasn't done before), and it ends with: If I knew.
       Songs to take notice would definitely be Locked Out of Heaven, which you have probably heard by now especially because it's constantly on the radio. I think people should take notice of this song, if you haven't already because it has a nice, smooth sound with lyrics that are easy to relate to and seem to fit the melody perfectly. The song is probably one of my current favorites as of right now and I like blasting it when it comes on the radio, it's just one of those songs that one must blast on the radio like Call Me Maybe!
        Another song that I think is worth mentioning is Treasure, it has the same theme like most of his other songs, to treat a girl like she's a princess. What I really like about this song is the sound it has, the lyrics are your typical lyrics found in most pop songs and they're okay, I like them but what made me really like this song was that old sound  it has that you used to hear, it also reminded me a bit of Michael Jackson's sound.
        The album was good, I liked hearing different sounds on the album because I got different styles of music from Bruno Mars which was nice to hear and it included some really good songs lyric wise, sound wise, and music wise in general. I give Unorthodox Jukebox by Bruno Mars 3 stars out of 5.

(408 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment