Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Song Review: Heart Attack by Demi Lovato

          It's a Friday night; me and my best friend are hanging out in the car blasting to some music (getting looks by the people nearby). A great song has just ended, Try by Pink (I reviewed her album, The Truth About Love, a few months back which you can check out here if you'd like). All of a sudden a new song comes on, one that neither my friend or I are familiar with. Which is odd because she and I are always aware of the new music, if she's not aware of someone's new song then I am and if I'm not aware of someone's new song then she is. We both looked at each other very confused and realized it was a song called Heart Attack by Demi Lovato.
         The song, Heart Attack, seems to be the complete opposite of her hit single, Give Your Heart A Break. Both are catchy songs but I'd say that the one which holds a stronger message is her newer song, Heart Attack. Give Your Heart A Break seems to tell the listener this story that's them to continue fighting for your loved one because your loved one has been hurt before and they're not completely letting you in and trusting you for that reason. Just because they're being distant from you doesn't mean they don't care, they're just being cautious. It's telling the listener to be patient with your distant, loved one because in the end it'll be worth it.
         Meanwhile Heart Attack seems to be telling it from the opposite view, from the person who has been hurt rather than the person who is trying to help their loved one. Heart Attack is saying how we've been hurt before and we're just cautious and doubtful of the people around us, we're not very trusting of everyone because we've been harmed in some way.
        I'd say that I like Heart Attack much better than her song, Give Your Heart A Break. This is probably because I'm able to relate to Heart Attack's message much better than Give Your Heart A Break's message. Either way, both songs are great with a powerful message that anyone can relate to in some way because it speaks about experiences I'm sure a lot of us have gone through. Since Heart Attack has a great rhythm to it and very powerful lyrics I can't but help but relate to, I would give the song 5 out of 5 stars.

(413 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment