Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Looking for Something New?

          Are you looking for something new to try out? You know, just something to do when you're bored. Well then you could try out tumblr if you haven't already.
       Tumblr is a blogging platform and social networking website. On tumblr you're easily able to post text, photos, quotes, links, music, and videos from multiple places such as your phone, desktop, and email. Though, like with everything, at first it can seem a little intimidating because of all the features they're actually pretty easy to use after a couple of tries. According to the tumblr press information tumblr has about 96.7 million blogs, 44.6 billion posts, and 74.5 million daily posts. Tumblr has been around since 2007 and I finally got one, after deciding whether or not I should try it, last November one day when I was bored and encouraged by a friend. 
       Since then, I haven't stopped using tumblr because it's really fun because there are so many random things on the site that a person can be easily entertained. When I'm at school and on my phone you will usually find me on my tumblr, if I'm not texting or on Snapchat. I like tumblr for several reasons, many that you may relate to.

  • It's like a Facebook, Twitter, and blog all in one! On tumblr you have followers following your blog and you can follow other people's blogs as well. It can be personal like a Facebook because you can post things like text, photos, and videos. 
  • You can re-blog. If you have a Twitter then you know you can retweet, well you have the same feature on tumblr, except it's called re-blogging. By re-blogging, you hashtag words and phrases and when you click on the hashtag you're taken to a whole list of other people who have used the same hashtag.  
  • You can customize! Unlike Facebook, you're able to customize your tumblr in any way you want, in any way that screams you. There are endless ways to customize your tumblr.
  • You get to meet new people! Through tumblr I've met a few people that are pretty cool and have the same taste in things as me such as movies, books, television, and music. If you get too creeped out by someone though, there are always ways to block them so they won't be able to bother you again. You're able to interact with others, send private messages, help each other, and submit work to each other (like drawings, stories, etc.)
         I'm usually the type of person who gets sick of things after a while and that hasn't happened with tumblr! It's very addictive, sometimes it's what distracts me from doing my homework, but I'm working on that little problem. That's a work in progress situation. On the site there are some really cool things you'll find when you're using it right and what I really love about it is it's so random! There are a bunch of things you can find and it's always entertaining. So next time you're bored, maybe you should create a tumblr and try it out for a bit. If you don't like it you could always delete it. Or who knows, it could be your next addiction. There's nothing to lose by trying it out sometime.

(546 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment