Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Once Upon A Time

           One of the shows that I would say is my ultimate favorite, is the show on ABC called: Once Upon a Time. Maybe you've heard of it and maybe you haven't. Once Upon a Time is currently in its second season and though it's one of my favorite shows, I haven't been able to watch it lately because things have kept me busy. But yesterday, surprisingly, I finally got the chance to see Once Upon A Time, you know after many months, I haven't really been able to watch most of thee season! But I was very happy about finally having time to watch the show; you know, after my little sister who has watched it like religiously, filled me in on what was going on. Which I thank her for. Anyways, because I finally got to watch it once again, last night, I was reminded why I love this show so much and here are some reasons why. 

  • The characters are complex. I don't watch Disney, like at all considering the actors on the show who are younger than me put on more pounds of makeup than I do and several other reasons why. But there is like no comparison between the shows that I used to watch and this show. Disney characters are always required to do the right thing, see the thing is, in real life, things aren't always black and white. Sometimes they're gray. In Once Upon A Time, the characters aren't always entirely good and they're not entirely bad, like a real person. We all have our flaws because we're all human, we all do things that we're not proud of but we do anyways. That's what the characters in Once Upon A Time are like. The characters are real, not fluffy like Disney and maybe even Nick characters. I still watch Spongebob though, that will always be my show. 
  • Familiar Faces. In Once Upon A Time, a majority of the characters are the fairy tale characters we've read about (or watched movies about) and we loved at one point in our lives. Characters that appear in the show would include Snow White, who is the mother of the main character: Emma, Rumpelstiltskin, Belle, Hook and a bunch more. These are just some of my favorites. See, we'e heard about the majority of these characters but since this is an adult show, they are obviously more mature.
       If you haven't seen this show yet, I would strongly urge you to do it. What have you got to lose?

(423 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment