Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

          Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver is the second book in the Delirium Trilogy. It takes place in two different periods of time. In the book Lauren Oliver refers to these periods of time as Then and Now. The Then time period would refer to what happened after the events of the first book, Delirium and the Now would be the time period she is currently in.
      Reading Pandemonium was a challenge at first, there wasn't much action in the beginning so I had to force myself to keep moving forward in the book. Once I got to the middle and when she meets Julian is when it really starts to get interesting for me. I think the fact that Lauren Oliver divided the book into two different time periods also had a contributing factor, it sort of bugged me at first because it was confusing but once I got to the middle I actually liked it.
      The characters were interesting, I liked how Lena went through a lot of character development since she lost Alex. I saw her development through the Then time periods, which is why I eventually warmed up to them. Julian is definitely an interesting character because he was divided between his feelings for "the diseases: deliria nervosa". 
      There were moments when I felt like the book was too fast paced though, it felt like something happened all of a sudden and just came out of nowhere. I'm not a big fan of surprises, so I wasn't too thrilled about the things that happened all of a sudden. All in all the book was a great read, I give it 3 out of 5 stars. 

(281 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment