Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

         The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is by Jennifer E. Smith. The book spans for a period of twenty-four hours following protagonist, Hadley Sullivan, who is on her way to London to see her dad get married to the women she's not so fond of, (even though you know, they haven't actually met).  When Hadley misses her flight to London by four minutes, who knew four minutes could have such an impact in your life! Because that's when she meets British boy, Oliver. When meeting Oliver, it almost seems like fate is in the works but when they lose each other in the airport after arriving, will they be able to find each other once again?
        What I liked about this book was it was an easy read and there's an innocence about it that makes you fall in love with the book that you just can't put it down! Starting it I immediately liked it because it's different than what I usually read. I liked how endearing and simple yet complicated the characters, Hadley and Oliver came across. Initially, when I first saw the book and the read the summary I thought it was just going to be filled with "fluff" but I was pleasantly surprised. There really weren't any cheesy moments, they seemed real and the connection between the characters definitely intensified that experience. Hadley coming to terms about her feelings towards her dad was a constant struggle for her throughout the book and I'm happy about the way it ended with them.
        There's nothing that I didn't like about the book except that it felt so short! I wish it had been longer but than again I don't think there would have been more to the story, it felt like that it was the perfect length and it ended at a beautiful moment. I love the idea that in such a short amount of time you can have such a powerful connection. I give The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith 5 out of 5 stars! 

(346 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment