Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Song Review: Now by Paramore

              So this is like the first time that I'm actually reviewing music, which has been a while. Well, in my defense there isn't much music to review out there especially full albums because for some reason there aren't any artists who have released albums. Now that I think about it I don't think people ever release albums in January, probably because it's after the holidays and stuff. Anyways, since there isn't much music that has been released that I can review, I decided to just write a song review. My first song review will be the new single by Paramore called Now.
        Paramore now consists of three members after the departure of its two founding members back in 2010 after some conflict they had with each other, they thought it would be best for all of them if they just went their separate ways. When I learned about their breakup, it was shocking but if that's what was best for them then I was fine with it. I knew that each individual was talented and I knew that I wouldn't hear the last of them. 
        With the remaining members of Paramore left: lead singer, Hayley Williams; bass guitarist, Jeremy Davis; and guitarist, Taylor York they are planning on releasing a new album. It's set to be released on April 9, 2013 and it's a self-titled album called Paramore. This will be their fourth studio album but their first one without Josh and Zac Farro. 
         Their first single, Now, definitely has a new sound to it. Though it's difficult to get used to, it's not bad. It reminds me of something I would hear in the nineties. Though I'm not a big fan of the song for the reason that it just sounds so different, I'm sure it will grow on me like most songs do. It's exciting that they're releasing a new album soon and I'm sure it's not going to be disappointing. 

(323 words)
        
         

No comments:

Post a Comment