Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

         The second book of the Hush, Hush Saga (Crescendo) starts off a few months after the events of Hush, Hush. At the beginning everything seems to be alright in Nora Grey's world. She feels calm and safe after the events of Hush, Hush especially now that Patch is her guardian angel and not only that but also her boyfriend. Life couldn't get any better for Nora. But then a seed of doubt is planted into her head concerning Patch and that's when everything falls into place. 
      Though Hush, Hush didn't seem like the ideal beginning for me, Crescendo definitely made up for it. This book was filled with ten times more mystery and surprises than the first book and it kept me guessing, it definitely wasn't predictable like the first book was. Like the mystery surrounding her dad's death, it was definitely something that had my interest throughout the book. 
      I liked how Nora grew on me in this book, though she continued to make reckless choices, this time I saw them as something that she had to do because there was a valid reason behind her choices. In the last book it felt like there was never any rational reasoning behind her choices which was the main reason that she annoyed me in the last book, ruining some of the reading experience for what could have been a really good book. So her character developed which made the book more enjoyable, for example, some of the things she did made her seem more fun. Meanwhile, Patch and Vee were their same old selves; Vee was hilariously inappropriate in the most inopportune moments and Patch still had that mysterious edge to him except this time he was the character that really bugged me because of the things he did. It would be nice if neither of the main characters got on my nerves in the next book, Silence. Hopefully I'm not asking for too much. The new character added was Nora's childhood friend who moved back to town, Scott. Like Patch, Scott was sketchy bot I still enjoyed reading about him because of his personality, it was different from Patch.
      Becca Fitzpatrick's writing was amazing, like the first book. I always enjoy reading her descriptions because they always inspire ideas of my own to add to my writing. 
        All in all; the characters developed for the most part, the plot was mysterious, and the writing was better than the first book. I give Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick 4 out of 5 stars. 

(422 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment