Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Getting a Pet

      I've always wanted a pet and lately I've gotten the obsession of getting a pug! I mean, come on! Look at that adorable face! How could you not want a pet, especially one as adorable as a pug! I don't know what it is about them that is so appealing to me!
      Anyways, even though I really want a pet I also realize the big responsibility it is. Which is why my parents aren't really considering the idea as of now, even though they should, but maybe in the near future. My best friend and her family have two yorkie's which are the most adorable things ever! But when I'm at her house I see how a huge responsibility taking care of them can be but despite that she adores her dogs. 
      The responsibilities of having a pet, that I've learned so far, would include taking care of them, you obviously shouldn't neglect them (Who would ever do that? Why would anyone ever do that or want to do that?) such as feeding them but you also don't want to overfeed them or else they'll get overweight or become on the verge of overweight, I've seen my friend deal with her dog's diets. With that in mind, finding the right food for your pet would be best, it would probably help getting recommendations from a fellow pet owner or maybe even the vet. 
      Another thing is, when you have a pet, it's like taking care of a child because like children they can't take care of themselves. You'll always have to pick after them, sort of like my friend does with her dog, she's always picking after Bella and I honestly find it kind of funny. So if you're not willing to pick after a pet, a good hint would probably be that you don't even bother picking up after yourself, than you're probably not ready to have a pet. 

(320 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment