Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Planning For the Next School Year

           For the past two weeks we've been planning our classes for next year at my school which is always stressful in its own way and difficult but also relieving because I'm not putting my future into someone else's hands, it's all up to me to decide, which again emphasizes why it's stressful. 
        Actually, I think this is the first time that it's been difficult for me when it comes to deciding my classes. When I was in eighth grade planning for freshmen year I knew what I was going to sign up for, mostly because I just took classes required in order to graduate. As a freshmen planning for sophomore year was also easy to decide, I knew what classes I had to take and I also wanted to challenge myself so I took my first ever AP class which turned out to be AP Euro and I don't regret taking that class. I've always been interested in European History so I thought taking it was a good thing for me, I can honestly say I probably would have been bored out of my mind if I had ended up taking World History, it just didn't hold the appeal European History had for me. When I was a sophomore planning for this year, junior year, it was a little bit more difficult because I was considering whether taking three AP classes was a good thing or if I wouldn't be able to handle it, in the end I decided two would be good enough. Now I'm a junior planning for senior year. My last year of high school. It's sort of terrifying and intimidating because after high school you never know what's going to happen because it's all up to you now to make choices that could have a huge impact on your life. Right now I'm feeling like planning my classes for senior year is just the beginning of bigger choices ahead of me and I can't really decide how I feel about that. Being in control is a nice feeling but it's also bittersweet because you realize you're growing up and you can now do things that you had always wanted to do when you were younger as you looked up to your older brothers or sisters or other relatives. 
        I don't know where I'm going after high school, most definitely college but what I'm going to major in is a different story. It would help to know what I want to do so I could decide what classes could be the stepping stones to that goal. Right now I'm torn between nursing or a career in journalism, based on those two choices, I feel like it'd be best to go with science and language arts related classes for senior year. Other than that I don't know what else and I need to know soon because the deadline is coming up soon.

(484 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment