Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Best Songs of the Year 2012

          Most of us can agree that music is an essential part of our lives. We all have a favorite band, or musician, that we love to listen to when we're doing homework, or driving in our cars or after we've finished our Algebra 2 test. So most of us can agree that we all had a favorite song, if not more, last year in 2012. It was that song that got constantly played on Z102.9 and you just enjoyed to blast it to the point where everyone around you got annoyed. Most people have a song in ind. I know I had quite a few that I just couldn't stop listening to and those are the same songs that I just can't get enough of today. That's what music is supposed to do, it's supposed to stay with you because you enjoy it and you're able to relate to it in some way or another.
        The top five songs I enjoyed in 2012 were catchy, fun, entertaining, and most people couldn't help but sing along. Here are my top five, in no particular order:
  • One Thing by One Direction. One Thing is from One Direction's first album: Up All Night, the song was released as a single about a year ago in January. I adore this song because each member of the group has their own, unique voice that contributes to the track and the lyrics to the song are so sweet and it's just a fun, catchy song to listen to overall when you're feeling down.
  • I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift from her fourth studio album, Red. I know, of course this had to make the list! Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you to determine but this song is totally different for Taylor Swift. She's singing about the same old, same old, I know but it's because she's going through life and she's just writing what she knows best and what she has experienced to let her fans know that they're not the only ones who ever feel the way she does in I Knew You Were Trouble. Because at one point we're all going to experience that toxic relationship we should probably let go of because it's what's best we but don't want to have to.
  • Castle of Glass by Linkin Park from their fifth album, Living Things. The lyrics and the metaphors used in this song are just amazing, I love them for the reason that their lyrics are so powerfully conveyed in different ways. My favorite part is probably when they sing: 'Cause I'm only a crack in this castle of glass, hardly anything for you to see, for you to see. I enjoy this song because I like how I interpret it, what I'm able to get out of this song.
  • This Kiss by Carly Rae Jepsen from her second album, Kiss. The reason I like this song is just because it's a fun song to listen to, to dance to, to sing to just because it's catchy.
  • Madness by Muse from their sixth studio album, The 2nd Law. One of my favorite songs by them because I think it's different from their usual sound which I enjoy because their lyrics are still meaningful to me.
        Music, it's all around us and it's something we can all enjoy. I can't wait for the kind of songs I hear this year.

(553 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment