Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

About Me

         Sparkles. Glitter. Books. My horoscope sign is a Cancer. Writing. Music. Friends. Teenager. Junior in high school. Two younger brothers. A younger sister. A mom and a dad. See I told you so much about me just in a couple of words! When you talk about yourself you don't need to have a whole novel written out, I mean you can if you really want to but in this case I felt like I didn't have to. I mean I'm just a simple city girl, who goes to high school and is waiting for the day I graduate so I can finally take flight and fly away from my parents to embark on my own journey, not the journey my parents have sculpted out for me. I love them but they can't tell me what to do with my future, they can make suggestions but they can't make me do what they want.
      While they want me to be a nurse, what I'd like to do in the future is a job that involves both of my loves: music and writing. I've always loved music, it's been a way that I can express myself and make myself feel better when I'm not in the best mood. Huge influences of mine would probably be Nirvana, Linkin Park, Taylor Swift, Hey Monday, Cage the Elephant, Avril Lavigne and My Chemical Romance. Each artist has something appealing about them that draws me to them, not only do I like their sound but I also like their lyrics. Before I just focused on the musical aspect but since I've written lyrics for a while, I also notice the lyrical aspect of music. If I could one day write lyrics for musicians that would be awesome! I'd really love to work with the people who have influenced me.
       Since I like writing, I've also written stories before or I've tried writing stories. I've only successfully completed two novels, one was about three hundred pages and the other was about four hundred pages. The one that's about four hundred pages I just finished back in June, I was very proud of myself, I mean it takes a lot of motivation and patience to write a novel I realized. Some days were better then others but I'm finally happy to say I finished it, now I just need to edit it, type it out and write the rest of the series. Boy that sounds like a lot of work but I'm sure I'll be able to do it, I believe in myself. 
       So I know that today was supposed to be a music review but things changed, this blog is for my AP Language and Composition class so my teacher wanted us to do a post about ourselves, so I did. I'll try to get a book review on Sunday and I'll make sure I have a music review next Wednesday! Try to keep up with me as I continue this blog! I'll really appreciate it!

(499 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment