Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Evermore by Alyson Noel

       Evermore is the first book in The Immortals Series by Alyson Noel. After an accident that took away her parents and her younger sister, Ever Bloom finds herself as the only survivor and with the ability to see people's auras, hear their thoughts, and know someone's entire life story only by touching them. Living with her aunt Sabine now, Ever isolates herself from everyone else at her new school, only talking to her best friends. When a new guy named Damen Auguste comes to her school, Ever will discover a world of secrets and mystery.
      Getting into Evermore was really difficult, I never actually got into it I just forced myself to continue to read it hoping it would get better towards the end. The book felt slow and the main character, Ever, sort of annoyed me at times. I felt sympathy for her because she lost her family and got abilities she'd rather not have, but it felt like she felt sorry for herself too much. I'm sure this will change as the series progresses and she discovers herself but in this book I didn't enjoy it. 
      What I did like about this book was the concept, I like the idea of psychic abilities and I find it interesting. The book isn't about vampires or werewolves which is great because it's something different. Al in all I give the book 3 out of 5 stars because I see potential for the story in the later books.

(247 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment